Panda Antivirus

Ash 22

Various times I have run scans I came up with the same result , 13 files infected , 1 re-named. Tonight after doing a scan, I shut down my computer started up again and ran another scan straight away only to come up with the very same result. How can that be?

Sounds like the tool is simply not effective against the viruses in question and cannot ensure their complete removal so that they are reappearing. Could be a rootkit infection. Could be lots of things. If it was me I'd consider taking the drive out of the machine and installing it in/attaching it to another as a non boot drive and scanning there without touching any of the files otherwise.

Thanks Clubman, I know really nothing about this side of things but I'll follow up on it. Probably ring the computer guy that we deal with.

Ash,

If you know the name of the virus, google it there may well be a tool online that can remove the virus from your computer.

I have come accross this before not all anti-virus programs can remove everything, there is another free program on this link SUPERAntiSpyware.com - AntiAdware, AntiSpyware, AntiMalware! even though it is an Anti-Spyware program it also removes virus and others, give it a try as its free..

Back