pallet to USA

molliesassy

Hi! I need to organise delivery of a cooker (palletised) to Washington state, USA. can anyone give me any leads for companies that ship to the US? Much obliged....

Any good shipping company, the main ones DHL, FedEx and UPS will probably cost you a fortune. Get the golden pages out and shop around man. I was gonna be charged €75 by FedEx for a pickup of an envelope from London and I found one in the Golden Pages for €30. I kwo its the US but its the principle. Shop around.

Expeditors will ship sea or air freight to the USA. Sea freight will take about 3-4 weeks and should cost less than $100 port to port. Consolidated air freight will take 4-7 days and should cost no more than $200 port to port. I'm not sure if they accept non corporate freight but the figures above are a rough idea of cost. You should have someone at the other end pick up the cooker from the port as it is less likely to be stopped by customs that way. Just send them a copy of the bill of lading and they can pick it up. Whatever freight company you use they will be able to walk you through the process.

I have used this company at work and found them very handy. I discussed shipping my own things from Canada to Ireland and they said they would have no problem.
I did a lot of shopping around to ship two pallets to mainland europe from Ireland and found them to be the most competitively priced.
If you want any contact name or anything feel free to PM me!
ad

Back