painting for rental -- what counts as neutral color

amethyst

I've heard here and elsewhere that if you want to rent out an apartment you should always paint it a neutral color.

What counts as a neutral color?

In the US I heard yet more -- that it is best to paint the walls off-white. I lean towards that idea myself.

Any thoughts on that?

magnolia is your only man, easy to touch up, cheap and available in large quantities, bright and matches most furniture items.

It has got to be magnolia. there is a very practical reason for this.

You can always get magnolia paint in a shop.

All the other off-whites shades come and go, ivory this month may be different from ivory next month, but magnolia is always magnolia.

Any light coloured paint can be classed as neutral - just make sure you use a washable paint and not matt.

Any light coloured paint can be classed as neutral - just make sure you use a washable paint and not matt.

Yes but if you want to buy the same colour again later, to touch up or paint an other room the same colour, it has to be magnolia. The paint makers change other shades from time to time.

Magnolia is always Magnolia

Yes but if you want to buy the same colour again later, to touch up or paint an other room the same colour, it has to be magnolia. The paint makers change other shades from time to time.

Magnolia is always Magnolia
Very valid point cremeeeg, I just hate magnolia! ;)

Back