Painters and Decorator Costings

MandaC

Am thinking of getting my house freshened up for Christmas. It is a new house, only a year old, the paintwork is to builders finish, in fairness, quite good, but it is a very matt paint and the Hall in particular is a bit scuffed from me moving the furniture in. Standard 3 bed - approx. 1200 sq. ft.

There are also some settling cracks and some minor plastering repairs (tape is coming away from the top of some walls)

Any idea on how much I am looking for. One guy I phone quoted between €1,500 - €2000 and he will supply the paint (Crown) and it will take approx a week. He will come out to have a look just to firm up on price.

Does this seem a fair enough price?

I just paid a painter E600, to paint the largest bedroom in a 3bed semi-- I had removed old wallpaper, but he had to clean down from old paste, fill cracks etc- He did ceiling, walls, radiator, papered one section of room, did gloss painting of cupboard doors and skirting and door architrave- all for e600- But we supplied paper and paint...?
I am about to get him to do two other bedrooms, but they are so straighforward that I expect both to be E500 or so he has said--with me supplying the paint....(no old wallpaper nor special clean-down required)
Does that help?

That price of €1500-2000 and supplying paint is not a bad price really...Paint would cost in or around €200-250 depending on what colours you pick or if every room is a different colour.....If its all the one colour it will be a doddle.

Back