Painter Cost

latch

Anyone and idea how much a painter would cost to do, hall, stairs, landing, kitchen.

Ring a few for quotes.
Or alternatively give room dimensions so we might guess at a ball park figure.

Our house is 2350 feet - labour for all internal painting is €1500 - quotes vary greatly - have heard of people paying over €5000 for a similiar sized house

3500 sq ft 3K excluding stairs, but including all other woodwork and walls, ceilings etc.

2700 sq ft - €3500 includes everywhere painted and all woodwork sanded and varnished, we are also using Colortrend paint so this would have added to the cost, think otherwise it was €2800-00.

got a polish painter to do mine, 2200sq ft €700 and I supplied the paint, he did a great job, I had a quote from an Irish painter for 4.5K.

When I was getting the paint the guy in the shop said it would normally be about €700 for just the hall stairs landing with a regular painter, I'm not sure how accurat that is, I am guessing it would depend on the size.

got a polish painter to do mine, 2200sq ft €700 and I supplied the paint, he did a great job, I had a quote from an Irish painter for 4.5K.

Can you provide details of this guy please? Is he based in Dublin. Have about 3,500sq ft to do - have started but am already fed up.

Thanks Polo1

Brilliant! Couple that with a Polish guy I was speaking with who was concerned about Bulgarian and Romanian EU membership, "as they would bring labour costs down" :p

Johndoe, I'd also like contact details for your Polish painter if he's still around- smaller job than Polo1's and not too urgent. Thanks.

Guys I'm based in Limerick so he might not be suitable for ye, but anyone down this neck of the woods that wants his number then PM me.

When I was getting the paint the guy in the shop said it would normally be about €700 for just the hall stairs landing with a regular painter, I'm not sure how accurat that is, I am guessing it would depend on the size.

Could it be that the Irish Painter pays VAT and tax on his profit , provides his workers with a decent wage and holidays entitlements, is adequately insured , is a properly time served professional tradesman and has an Irish Size Mortgage to service.

Could it be that the Irish Painter pays VAT and tax on his profit , provides his workers with a decent wage and holidays entitlements, is adequately insured , is a properly time served professional tradesman and has an Irish Size Mortgage to service.

Could it also be that they have a more modest appetite and likes the idea of this "Capitalism" crack?

The Irish Painter has to worry about his bottom line as I do mine, 4.5K for a weeks work doesn't work for me.

Polish Painter: 700Euro 1 Week Plus paint (Paint cost approx 700)

Irish Painter:4500 1 Week paint supplied.

So 4500- 700 for paint equalls 3800 for labour for 1 Week or 760euro a day......I don't think so.

Last edited:
The Irish Painter has to worry about his bottom line as I do mine, 4.5K for a weeks work doesn't work for me.

Polish Painter: 700Euro 1 Week Plus paint (Paint cost approx 700)

Irish Painter:4500 1 Week paint supplied.

So 4500- 1400 for paint and labour equalls 3100 for 1 Week or 620euro a day......I don't think so.

One tradesman would'nt paint the entire inside of a 2,200 sq ft house (This is a five bed size house) which included walls, ceilings and woodwork in a week -Try it ! .......More like three weeks.

€700 for an entire 2,200 sq ft house is not bad for slave labour.......unless of course your the slave ....with three kids, mortgage etc to support.

Having been fleeced by a variety of greedy tradesmen who compulsively lie, never return calls, fail to keep arrangements and display little professional pride, I for one welcome any newcomers who set their prices realistically, keep to their word and do their job well. Don't care if they're from Budapest or Bundoran, Krakow or Cahirciveen.

Just got my ~1600sq ft house in Co Galway painted for €1767 labour, paint, and VAT. All walls, ceilings, and some woodwork. Work took two weeks. I got other quotes for €2500 and €3900 labour only. All quotes from local guys.

Back