Paint Recommendations??

kilbird

Can someone give me some advice on paints for the interior of a new build? I have quotes from painters and Some painters have quoted Fleetwood and some Dulux? How do these compare? What about Colortrend?

i would prefer dulux gud selection of colours also crown is good

Whatever you choose to buy, make sure that each tin of paint has the same batch number on it as all the other ones. This is the number to show that they all came out of the paint mixing machine at the same time and are exactly the same colour. A different batch number will look ever so slightly different if, for example, you have to start a new tin half way across a wall or if you're touching the paint work up. It's a good idea to buy a little more than you need so you can touch up, etc. later.
The batch number is usually on a peel off sticker on the tin. The shop assistant will point you in the right direction, I'm sure.
If the paint is mixed in the store for you, all of this doesn't really apply.

colortrend kilbird by a country mile,aint none of the rest able too come close,but its expensive,if you can afford it its by far the best,make sure the painter uses acrylic primer on the walls first, paint is not supposed too be applied directly on to plaster.also acrylic primer will eliminate mapping on your walls,which looks terrible.lots of people make the mistake of putting white matt paint on all there walls first,on a solid block wall you will probably get the mapping effect on these walls,for me its more important too use acrylic primer for first coat.shop around for the primer big difference in price for this.

Hubby is painter. Says you cant beat crown trade paint. they can make up colours from other brands if you wish.

Have used Colortrend for 15 years and won't touch anything else; by far and away the best paint you can get.

All of the major brands are good, it all depends on how much your willing to spend as some cost more than others.

I have used colour trend paint too. I painted the whole house using this brand when first moved in. I am now repainting the kitchen some 6 years later, and paint had been scrubbed frequently over the years. Young kids so lots of wear and tear. Excellent quality paint and cheaper than the main brands IMO. I think the colour choice is excellent and I enjoyed visiting the shop in Celbridge. If you check their website www.colortrend.ie you can check out their chain of shops (four) and stockists around the country. Now if I could just improve my painting technique...:eek::)

I'm glad nobody has mentioned Farrow and Ball, I believe it is over priced for what it is.

My choice would be Colourtrend.

Hi,

Have used Dulux, Colourtrend and fleetwood paints. The last one I wouldn't go near again. Dulux or colourtrend in my opinion, the last poster mentioned Farrow and Ball as been expensive for what it is. I used Farrow and Ball on woodwork i.e. doors, window boards and found it very good, the colours tend to be more muted tones and the finish it gives on wood is superb that said I wouldn't pay that price to paint walls with it only woodwork. One last piece of advice before rushing in to paint your new home all different colours, depending on the orientation of the rooms - i.e. I wouldn't paint a north facing room with a cold colour, or a south facing room with too warm a colour - the dulux website is quite helpful to regarding colours.

Best of luck.

Angela59

Back