Paint colours for sitting room.

Zelda1959

I've spent a fortune so far on testers. The room is medium sized and dark. We have an open fire so don't want anything too light. My setee is dark olive green and there is a wooden floor.

I like cream, taupe type of shades and quite fancy painting the chimney breast Moda Foxglove but other than that, can seem to make any progress. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Can't help you with a colour as I'm not a fan of those shades so have none similar :) but as for the fortune spent on testers my local Woodies has a Dulux testing station where you can try all the testers and use them to paint a provided piece of card to take home and try in your room. They have all of them there open to use.

So basically you don't have to buy any testers unless you want to try a much larger portion of wall. I love it! But the only downside is you are walking out of the shop with a freshly painted piece of card, harder still if you have more than one! So go prepared with a sheet of something in the boot to lay them on so you don't wreck the place.

benjamin moore balboa mist for a lighter colour or gunsmith gray for dark

and dont paint the chimney breast a different colour

Back