P60 Time

Wicklow

My P60 makes reference to payment received from current employer and previous employer for the tax year 2006 (both contain a figure) yet i havnt changed emloyer for over 6 years. Can anyone suggest why this might happen? I intend to speak with the company account.

Could your employer have changed name/title during the year, ie from xyz to xyz ltd?

That was my intial thought but on checking of my 2005 & 2004 P60's they show the same employer name and VAT number. My main concern is that revenue may view this as a break in employment and have knock on PRSI affects such as few dental check ups etc. Maybe im giving it too much thought.

Just a guess, but maybe the payroll staff changed payroll systems and put cumulative figures into the wrong place (P45 details)

How many insurable weeks do you have on your P60?

My guess is, is it the amount of tax paid in the previous tax year (2005)?

Wicklow, to put your mind at rest regarding the oul gnashers' checkups, the number of weeks should show 52 if you worked all year.

Whay not just ask payroll?
I would guess that the total ties in with your total on your payslips, and that the company changed tax reference (for whatever reason) during the year, and therefore this was shown as a change of employment.

This should not impact you in any way as long as the total figures are correct, as it will have been just an administrative issue.

Ill speak with payroll, im sure everything is fine. thanks for your help everyone.

Back