P45 date of cessation & garden leave

J

Junior

Hi,

I was made redundant a few months back and I have a question regarding the date of cessation that is listed on my P45. here's the background to my question:

• 26th March - officially informed that I was being made redundant and given 4 weeks notice, finish date 23rd April
  • 29th March - last day in the office but getting 4 weeks paid garden leave
  • 23rd April - Last day as an employee, now eligible to sign on and register as being unemployed

When I went to sign on in June (I travelled for a few weeks after being made redundant) I presented my P45 & RP50. My P45 has a date of cessation of 29th March 2010 but my RP50 has a date of termination of employment of 23rd April 2010. My P45 also states that I only have 12 weeks of contributions paid.

Another piece of paper that I have, my redundancy payment calculations, has an "Effective Termination Date (P45)" of 29th March 2010 and a "Final Service Date" of 23rd April 2010.

I thought that if I was an still employee for the 4 weeks garden leave that I should be getting paid as normal, including PRSI contributions. If that is the case, why then is there a difference in the dates? Am I losing out on 4 weeks worth of PRSI contributions? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Frank.

Back