P.R.S.A. Zurich

deco87

Hi
I'm separating in next two years ..mutual ..no hassle ..after kids pass 18.
We are just starting to think about money split etc at mo. Have house no mortgage...this is issue I'm seeking advice on.. have public service PRSA..finishes at 55...I'm 53. Less than 30 k ..plan had been to have it for to help last kid if required ..education ...i understand you get a quarter then ARF...subject ..to your personal tax circumstances..wife on disability ...if it makes any odds ...is there any way we could do something with this PRSA to convert it into cash ..sell it on or something at a loss ..idea being we are trying to get ..a small place each ...advice appreciated

Thks

Ps if anyone knows it's a GOOD advice broker ( independent) that deals specific with public service pensions) ...

If you are in the public service, it is a PRSA AVC plan which is linked to your employment in the public service. You mature it at the same time you retire from the public service. You don't get 25% of it tax free although it can be used to maximise the tax free lump sum from your public service pensions.

The brokers who sell the AVC plans to the public servants are experts in that field and have all the tools in helping you calculate how much you can take out tax free. Generally, it would be quicker and cheaper to use them.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

Back