P&L issue after changing to accounts software

mct1

I'm book-keeper for our non-profit business. We previously did the accounts on Excel and the credit card transactions were dated the date of the card payment from the bank. So the Feb statement transactions were in Feb expenditure.

We're now using Xero accounting software which assigns CC transactions to the date of the transaction. So Feb statement transactions now appear mostly in the January expenditure.

The January statement transactions appear nowhere! They aren't in our manual 2017 accounts - Dec 2017 has the Dec statement bill. And they aren't in January because they all refer to December dated transactions. Whatever we do they will substantially skew the expenses for that month.

What's the best way to resolve this? I'd welcome any ideas please.

sounds like you should enter a manual journal to zeroise these expenses in December and reprocess with a January transaction date. Also look into 'locking' the previous period to prohibit postings once the month has been closed

sounds like you should enter a manual journal to zeroise these expenses in December and reprocess with a January transaction date. Also look into 'locking' the previous period to prohibit postings once the month has been closed

Thanks, that's certainly an option I'll look into.

Last edited:
Back