Owners Direct

Concert

Can anyone reccomend this company for booking a private house or villa, beautiful homes all over Europe to suit all pockets.

Hi
We have used them to book villas for the last 5 years and have had no problems..the other website we have used is holidaybookings.co.uk...best of luck.
Em

Ok thanks for that, will look at their web site. Do you think it's worth paying the extra to these companies for what you get as opposed to booking the ordinary apartments or hotels with Alpha rooms, Booking and the likes of these companies.

Ok thanks for that, will look at their web site. Do you think it's worth paying the extra to these companies for what you get as opposed to booking the ordinary apartments or hotels with Alpha rooms, Booking and the likes of these companies.

You are actually referred to the owner of the apartment when you make an enquiry. You arrange to make a payment direct to the owner. With Alpharooms, Booking, Hotelclub, Venere etc you are making a payment to an intermediary.

I advertise my property on Holiday Rentals but Owners Direct is a long established company and well respected. Holiday home owners pay to advertise on these sites and they charge no commission on bookings. There are some sites that do.

Owners Direct, Holiday Rentals, Villa Rentals etc. Owners of holiday homes advertise on these sites (saves paying agents fees etc). The vast majority of ads would be bona fide. I have never heard of one that went 'pear-shape.'

Remember, the holiday home owner is taking a chance also. He does not know for certain that his apartment will not be wrecked by you. Therefore, a refundable deposit might be required.

If no reply is received from an Owner, you can be sure that the place is already booked out. But, discernable owners will reply to all enquiries as there is always the possibility you might book for next year or even later this year.

There are other options like seeking out an owner in the place in which you want to have your holiday. It can be done with a phone call, knock on a door, ad in local supermarket etc. Some owners don't advertise and are not interested in a financial 'killing.' Also, some owners do not rent out their place during July and August because of the higher risk of vandalism.

I know because I am one.

I used owners direct twice to book villas/apartments and had no problems either time.

I have found a house I'd to book on this website. The owner has asked me to transfer the money into their account (a booking deposit now then payment in full + deposit one month before arriving). Is it the norm to pay prior to arrival directly into the owner account? Thanks

Yes Fleur, a deposit is normally necessary. Please see my previous posting on the subject.

Back