overpaid

Can you clarify -
was the overpayment a once-off and you want to get the deduction back from your payroll people or was it ongoing over decades and you now find that your pension is going to provide more than you could possibly need, or maybe you are contributing more than you are entitled to get tax relief for ?

The answer to your question will depend on which scenario you are in.

z

overpaid pension

I am in an executive pension scheme (defined benefit) for 30 years. I have been paying AVCs for the past 5 years and am due to retire next March. Last week my boss (Managing Director of the company) told me that the company has bought out my pension and that it had been overpaid. He then told me that I would be in trouble with the revenue commisioners because of this.

I have not had a good relationship with my boss over the past few years and am wondering if he is simply trying to get me worrying for nothing. Can you one help? Will the Revenue be trying to get money from me?

Re: overpaid pension

As a first step, ask for a written statement of the issue and the current position.

overpaid pension

Thank Rainyday, I have just typed up a letter to send to my boss. I will post details of his reply.

Back