Overnighting in Rosslare ?

Z

zag

We plan on taking the Rosslare-Pembroke/Fishguard ferry later in the year, but the times are a bit poor when coming from Dublin. I reckon the best thing to do is drive down, stay overnight in one of the carparks and get the 0900 ferry in the morning.

Only problem is I don't know if this is possible in Rosslare. We would be in a campervan, so accommodation wouldn't be a problem as such, but does anyone know for sure whether the port/local authority allow overnights ?

An alternative would be to get the 21:00 ferry over and park up in Pembroke or Fishguard. We would have 2 kids with us, so driving through Wales to get to somewhere official to park wouldn't be an option at midnight. Anyone know the story for these two towns ?

Cheers,

z

Z

St Margaret's camp site allows camper vans AFAIK. I also see lots of camper vans pulling into the car park by the lake at Lady's Island - no one seems to bother them.

Both of these locations are 20mins from the ferry.

P

Drive a bit further to saint helens. Carpark by the sea-nice especially when the evenings start getting bright.

Thanks for the suggestions. We stayed at St Margarets and it was just the thing.

There were a number of campervans parked in the car park at the top of the hill at the port in the morning, so I guess they overnighted there for free.

z

Back