Over 70s medical card review form MC1a(R) - income and investments

The Ghoul

A relative has to fill in an over 70s medical card review form that was posted to him by the HSE. I can't seem to find the form online, only the MC1a which is for the initial application and is a bit different. In my opinion this person will probably lose his medical card after the review but we'll submit the form anyway.

Couple of Qs
1) Section 3 part A of the form relates to incomes from pensions, wages etc.. At the top it says "income should be given as gross income per week" Yet, in the table where incomes are filled in, it asks for "Wages after tax and PRSI" and there is no space to fill in a gross amount. I assume it's an error and that they mean gross?

2) Section 3 Part B relates to investments and deposits in Banks/Building Societies and other Finincial (sic) Institutions. It does not ask for income, just amount invested and where it is invested. My relative has a significant quantity in State Savings bonds/certs multi year deposits. They will start maturing next year.

How will the HSE assess this and is there anything I can include in the form to make it more favourable for the applicant. Eg in 2013 a certain amount of interest accrued but because the bonds/certs did not mature and were not encashed, was the "income" actually zero?

Thanks

Question 1 may indeed have an error as this differs from the initial form and is more like the layout of the under 70's card

Question 2 . Fixed term or long term savings, you can choose whether you wish to have the interest calculated yearly or at maturity. However as they are applying a 3% interest rate (despite their guidelines stating they will apply current deposit rates) this would pretty likely put your friend out of range

Back