Outside Catering- Sandwich presentation boxes

CafeCulture

We are expanding into the area of outside catering and currently use tin foil type trays with cling film covering for sandwich orders re. meetings. Can anyone suggest something better?

At meeting in US was impressed with the franchise delivery packaging (www.jimmyjohns.com).

Basically it was the "snackbox" type carton with crisps, drink, fruit and roll within. Box had very nice nice design and roll was wrapped in paper. All combinations were marked at side with tickbox indicating which combination was inside.

There was a personal feeling to it................don't know why, maybe because I was starvin!

Thanks for reply. i checked with a lot of irish cardboard box companies and none seem to have any solution.

Anyone else get meetings catered for and see impressive packaging?

Was at a meeting in Dublin where the tray was oval black plastic with clear plastic domed cover (held about 5 rounds, I'd say. don't know where it came from but it was city centre, maybe cafe/restaurant. looked good as did a tray of finger fruit (cubes of melon, grapes, orange segments)

Cafe sol have really nice packaging for their fruit and snack boxes but the sandwiches come on a wooden tray that they have to collect the next day; seems like a waste of time for them.

Thanks for reply. i checked with a lot of irish cardboard box companies and none seem to have any solution.
Getting boxes made is not that expensive. All you need is a design and someone who can die cut them. We use a place in Dublin for special boxes and infills. You can get white or brown card boxes and have stickers made for branding.

But remember unless your packaging is both essential and recycleable this is really all just contributing to the waste mountain. Personally I like the idea of the wooden reusable trays.

Remember all the glue,artworks,ink,cardboard used have to be approved to be in contact with a food substance

Back