Health Insurance Outpatient Claim Time Limits

Funnyname

I seem to have missed this completely re the change in policy for claiming repayment from health insurers. I had old receipts that I mislaid and always knew I'd find them once I went looking but it took a while. They are from a few years ago and my insurer ILH state they only pay claims up to 6 months after the policy year end date.

Is there any way I can get around this, maybe my plea of ignorance might work, any other suggestions gratefully accepted.

Irish Life Health outpatient claims must be submitted within 6 months of the end of the policy year. Customers may also submit outpatient claims throughout the policy year if they prefer, using Irish Life Health's web-based application, which you can access through your membership profile. Alternatively you can complete a claims form issued by Irish Life Health and submit it together with the original receipts at the end of the policy year.

Have you sent them already and they have been rejected? If so send an appeal asking them to review your claim. You will need to provide a reason why you didn't submit in time, unwell/family member unwell/covid delayed you/work hours etc. Anything that could justify.

If you have not submitted already, do so now and they might be applying a gesture that will allow assessments beyond the time frame that their t&c state. If they are not and it comes back rejected, send the appeal then.

Back