Out of Work want to put Tax claim for 2005 to 2007?

S

SallyBally

Hi All,

Just looking for some advice i have looked at previous posts, but have not found an answer. I met a person at the weekend and they put a claim in for Tax and got a nice refund for the same time period i am looking for. I worked in a finance role they were saying i could claim tax back on travel and work clothes etc. If anyone could give me some advise that would be great, as im out of work now for a while and i have returned for a RTW trip a few months ago.

Thanks Sally xx

Hi,

For 2005 you need to submit a claim before the end of 2009 to your local tax office. If you were PAYE, fill in a Form 12, if self employed a Form 11.

As you were in Finance, you don't get any tax deductions/relief for work clothes, eg an accountant doesn't actually need a suit to do the work, as with jeans and jumper can still do the work.

I don't know what you mean by travel, travelling to and from your workplace is at your own expense. Travelling expenses while performing work should be reimbursed by employer. If you were self-employed, travelling expenses while going about your work, are expenses to be deducted from income.

[broken link removed]

Back