Ordered new car - arrived in wrong colour

Deposit would be refundable without doubt. They didn't deliver what you ordered.

Respraying a new car is just not a runner. Cost, and negative effect on residual value, would make it a completely unattractive option.

Agree with other posters. Play hardball with garage. I was told by a well known dealer there would be several months wait on the colour car I wanted. I made a few phone calls and discovered another garage had one in stock in said colour. Told garage I was dealing with that I was taking car from other garage. Guess what! Original garage managed to get me the car I wanted in my chosen colour in less than a week. Reason I stuck with them was that it suited me location wise, but I didn't tell them that. Might be worth while ringing around a few of their competitors to see if they have your car in the colour you want.
In relation to poster who asked why garage can't paint the car, wouldn't this seriiosly devaule it, the colour wouldn't match the colour on the log book, or whatever that's called nowadays

......Guess what! Original garage managed to get me the car I wanted in my chosen colour in less than a week......
More than likely they just swapped a car with the other dealer for the one you wanted, certainly used to happen regularly enough.

that can be changed also...
Unless the respray is perfect, the fact that it has been done will be picked up. That tends to lead to an assumption that the car has been in an accident. It would certainly impact the value of the car.

At least they are offering to release you from the contract, I bought a peugeot from a well known dublin dealer a few years ago only for it to be damaged in the shipping. They told me i would have to wait an other 7 weeks for the car and when I told them I needed it for my work and wanted to cancel they kept my 500 deposit:(

Aren't CDs old hat by now? - I would have thought the technology would be here by now where you can just upload music to your car.

Not quite - but I believe the new Saabs and Lexuses have a connector for an MP3 player in the centre compartment, so no messing round with iTrips needed.

Back