Ordeal of changing Current Account Packages

Dace69

I phoned Danske Bank last week having received my statement of quarlerly fees. My current account was a 24/7 account hence €5 quarterly fee and 25cent per transaction, thereafter. Having done some research I wanted to change to the Easy Plus account which has an annual fee of €75 but unlimited transactions, thereafter.

I expected this to be a relatively simple process but was told I needed to do an interview; our local branch has closed so interview will be conducted over the phone but they couldn't give me an appointment for 2 weeks and it's going to take 30 minutes.

Surely this process doesn't need to be so drawn out or am I missing the point?

I phoned Danske Bank last week having received my statement of quarlerly fees. My current account was a 24/7 account hence €5 quarterly fee and 25cent per transaction, thereafter. Having done some research I wanted to change to the Easy Plus account which has an annual fee of €75 but unlimited transactions, thereafter.

I expected this to be a relatively simple process but was told I needed to do an interview; our local branch has closed so interview will be conducted over the phone but they couldn't give me an appointment for 2 weeks and it's going to take 30 minutes.

Surely this process doesn't need to be so drawn out or am I missing the point?

It doesn't *need* to be, but Danske do seem to like talking to folks. These reviews used to be more an attempt to cross-sell other products and ensure they're profile of you is up to date. I imagine the phone version is not all that different. My guess is that it won't take that much time, but they are blocking out some time to give breathing room.

Back