Oranmore

Centless

Hi there,

I am a recently registered member but have secretly being viewing posts over the last few weeks!! Very informative site - keep up the good work. My question: Does anybody have any experience or opinions regarding buying property to let in Oranmore town and near surrounds?

All the best,
Centless

I know a little bit about Oranmore, there is a lot of building going on around the Cloonarkin Drive area and it is spoiling what was once a nice place. As regards lettings, it is too far out for the university because of the frequency of buses, the last bus into town runs early evening. Service is bad on sundays. So it might not be suitable for students. On the other hand GMIT is not as far from Oranmore.

Oranmore has had a lot of construction in recent times, as have the sites closer to town at Roscam.

Given the fact that a good quality 4 bed room house can be rented in somewhere like Renmore for 1K per month, you'd be better off moving towards the city.

It definitely won't rent to students as the tax relief accomodation still isn't filled around GMIT so there's plenty of choice for them nearer the college. I would think you'd want to budget for more than 1 months vacancy per annum.

Back