Options for surplus cash in business

Gringo1

Hi folks, We have a small business with a cash balance of min 70k in our current account, year round for the past few years. Our business is unlikely to need to dip too deeply into it for operational reasons even in a downturn. I've been looking at some Raisin 1yr deposit accounts, but would like to mix it with maybe something with greater potential to return like a fund. What would people recommend?

Hi folks, We have a small business with a cash balance of min 70k in our current account, year round for the past few years. Our business is unlikely to need to dip too deeply into it for operational reasons even in a downturn. I've been looking at some Raisin 1yr deposit accounts, but would like to mix it with maybe something with greater potential to return like a fund. What would people recommend?
Consider distributing it to shareholders/directors?
Consult your accountant?

Check out a Key Post I did on the topic.

Agree with Tommy. Take it out if you don't need it. Talk to your accountant about how to do that most tax-efficiently.

If at some stage in the future, your company needs cash, the directors can lend the company cash.

Brendan

Back