Options for Family Renewal in February

Winkie

Hello

Wondering if anyone has recommendations for a new policy. Have been with Irish Life for several years and maybe can do better cost wise. I did a look online but difficult to decide as many are similar.

Currently myself & my wife are on The Irish Life Health Plan 13 and our two kids (9, 11) are on Select Plus plan. We pay €275 per month at present. Would really appreciate any suggestions.

Renewal is in February.

Thanks.

Winkie,

Irish Life Plan 13 will really hike up in price from 1 January 2019, from 1327pa to 1637pa. Its not worth it, even at the lower price, especially with
a 500 excess for hi-tech admissions.

The following alternatives are worth considering; Adult Options

1. VHI Company Plan Plus Level 1.3; price 1128pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech hospital excess 150 per
admission, day case excess 50 per procedure. Good day to day cover included, refund of 50% for gp visits, consultants,etc - subject to a max
refund of 1000 per year.

2. VHI PMI 07 10; price 1188pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech hospital excess capped at 150 x 1 max
per year for all admissions(regardless of how many), day case excess 50 per procedure. Good day to day cover included, refund of 50%
for gp visits, consultants etc - subject to a max refund of 2000 per year.

3. Laya Simply Connect; price 1100pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech hospital excess capped at 150 x 2 max
per year(regardless of how many), day case excess 50 per procedure. Good day to day cover included, refund of 50% for gp visits, consultants,
etc - subject to a max refund of 500 per year.( 50% of 1000 = 500).

4. Irish Life 4D Health 2; price 1231pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech hospital excess 150 per admission,
day case excess 75 per procedure. Good day to day cover included, refund of 50% for gp visits, consultants etc - max refund 4000 per year.

[broken link removed]

Child Options;
1. Laya Essential Health 300; price 234(special offer where you pay for 1st child and the rest are free), all public, private and Beacon hospital
covered, private excess 300 x 2 max for all admissions, day case excess 125 per procedure.

2. Laya Flex 125 Explore; price 343(special offer applies to this plan also) all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech
hospital excess 125 per admission, day case excess 50 per procedure.

3. VHI Start Plan; price 103pa; selected list of public hospitals covered, this list includes the 3 childrens hospitals in Dublin, Temple St, Our Ladys Hospital Crumlin, Tallaght Childrens hospital. It is important to check this list to make sure the hospitals covered suit your location.

4. VHI One + Plan; price 209pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech hospital excess 125 per admission and day
case procedure. All childrens hospitals are public but the 3 hi-tech hospitals provide a range of children's surgery for over 3 yrs, fully covered
on this plan.(Blackrock Clinic, Mater Private and Beacon hospital).

5. Irish Life Nurture Plan; price 160pa; all public, private and some Beacon cover, private excess 300 x 2 max per year for all admissions, day case excess 75 per procedure.

6. Irish Life Select Plan; price 180pa; selected public and private hospitals + Beacon hospital covered, private excess 150 per admission and day
case procedure.
[broken link removed]

Note; there is no excess to pay in any public hospital.
Also, VHI is the only provider that allows children to be insured on their own without an adult. An adult is just named on the policy, but just the
children are insured. With Laya and Irish Life, at least one adult needs to be insured if you want the children to go onto the policy, not
necessarily on the same plan. You can choose different plans for each person if you want, according to your individual needs.

There is no guarantee that the above prices will stay the same until February 2019. By next week, there should be upto date information
on the Health Insurance Authority website if there are any price changes or reductions for February 2019.

Regards, Snowyb

Dear Snowyb

That is fantastic, I really appreciate the work you did - looks like I can make good savings and I'll just have to see which I can do Accupuncture and Physio on as I have an old shoulder injury. Really appreciate this, it has really narrowed down my search.

Happy New Year!

Back