Health Insurance Optimum health insurance

shahidj

Hi Everyone,

Me (32) and my wife (31) are currently not on any insurance plans, and are planing to get one. We both are healthy individuals with no pre-existing health issues. We are looking for a basic plan with medium excess. Our main concern is that we plan to start trying for a child by end of this year (probably December 2021) so we would like something that would provide a good maternity cover. We are good going with public hospitals as long as we can get at-least a semi-private room (that's not too crowded) but would prefer a private. Our budget is a max of 2500 per year for both of us.

Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks.

There were some previous threads which discussed maternity cover options - suggest reading as background:

Hi Everyone,

Me (32) and my wife (31) are currently not on any insurance plans, and are planing to get one. We both are healthy individuals with no pre-existing health issues. We are looking for a basic plan with medium excess. Our main concern is that we plan to start trying for a child by end of this year (probably December 2021) so we would like something that would provide a good maternity cover. We are good going with public hospitals as long as we can get at-least a semi-private room (that's not too crowded) but would prefer a private. Our budget is a max of 2500 per year for both of us.

Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks.

Hi,

Welcome to AAM.

after you take out the policy.

See here also.

Also make sure to take out health insurance before 35 years of age to avoid the 2% Lifetime Community Rating charge.

Back