Opportunities2005 Education, careers and skills Croke Pk

S

sueellen

Does anyone know anything about FAS hosting the above in Croke Park next week-end?.

It is supposedly something similar to [broken link removed] which is held each year in RDS.

Have checked www.fas.ie/ and Google but no luck. Maybe I've missed something tho.

Re: FAS Higher Options Conference - Croke Park

Not really an [broken link removed] link now, is it?

Re: FAS Higher Options Conference - Croke Park

Thanks Max,

From About Opportunities

Re: Opportunities2005 Education, careers and skills Croke P

I went to it last year - to be honest I wasn't that impressed. I suppose it depends on what type of job you're looking for, but it seemed to me that they were more geared towards technical jobs than administrative (which would be me). Having said that I don't think it has been held there that often so it could well be bigger this year. It also seemed more geared towards students than anyone older (which would be me!). There were quite a few employment agencies there so if you're looking for a job at the moment it's handy to have them all in one place. Bring lots of copies of your CV. I did end up getting a new job last August through one of the agencies that I first contacted there but I did take names from the agencies I handed my CV to on the day and followed up the next week and that makes a difference I think.

Re: Opportunities2005 Education, careers and skills Croke P

Are there career guidance people there also? I am in my late twenties and in a dilemma as to where I want to go with my career