Opportunities2005 Education, careers and skills Croke Pk

S

sueellen

Does anyone know anything about FAS hosting the above in Croke Park next week-end?.

It is supposedly something similar to [broken link removed] which is held each year in RDS.

Have checked www.fas.ie/ and Google but no luck. Maybe I've missed something tho. :)

Re: FAS Higher Options Conference - Croke Park

Not really an [broken link removed] link now, is it?

Re: FAS Higher Options Conference - Croke Park

Thanks Max,

left_opportunities.gif

From About Opportunities
"Opportunities-2005", Europe's largest education, careers and skills showcase takes place from Friday 14th January – Monday 17th January 2005 in the Conference Centre in Croke Park, Dublin.

This unique event draws together leading employers, education organisations and skills sectors, all under one roof.

The exhibition in 2005 will take place on Level five of Croke Park including the Hogan Stand, the Canal End & the Cusack Stand. Seminars take place on Level Four.

There is one point of entry on Jones' Road. There is one point of exit at the Cusack Stand. This allows for a controlled traffic flow with a one way traffic system.

Catering is available for visitors on Level three at the entrance & exit. There is NO catering available on Level five. Catering is available for exhibitors & Guidance Counsellors on Level Six, access is with badge/ticket only.

The event is divided into three key areas:

Careers - Hogan Stand, Level 5
Your career is one of the most important decisions you will ever make. With so many industries and areas of employment to choose from, Opportunities presents the ideal facility to discover what career will suit you, how best to become successful in that career and meet potential employers who will offer advice and guidance. The Careers village is located in the Hogan Stand as you enter the Conference Centre.

Education: - Canal End, Level 5
Experts from education and training providers throughout Ireland are on hand to discuss course options most suitable for you. Whether you are a fifth or sixth year student, attending third level education and seeking to gain a further qualification or working and seeking additional education or personal development, head straight to the Education village in the Canal End of the Conference Centre in Croke Park, where you will meet representatives from colleges, universities and institutes of further education.

Skills - Cusack Stand, Level 5
Specific Skills Training, Traineeships and Apprenticeships are some of the most exciting and interesting career options available to young people. With industry recognised courses, standardised training programmes and on-site work experience, qualified personnel have excellent opportunities in Ireland. The Skills Village is located in the Cusack Stand just before you exit the Conference Centre.

Re: Opportunities2005 Education, careers and skills Croke P

I went to it last year - to be honest I wasn't that impressed. I suppose it depends on what type of job you're looking for, but it seemed to me that they were more geared towards technical jobs than administrative (which would be me). Having said that I don't think it has been held there that often so it could well be bigger this year. It also seemed more geared towards students than anyone older (which would be me!). There were quite a few employment agencies there so if you're looking for a job at the moment it's handy to have them all in one place. Bring lots of copies of your CV. I did end up getting a new job last August through one of the agencies that I first contacted there but I did take names from the agencies I handed my CV to on the day and followed up the next week and that makes a difference I think.

Re: Opportunities2005 Education, careers and skills Croke P

Are there career guidance people there also? I am in my late twenties and in a dilemma as to where I want to go with my career

Back