Opinions on Business Bank A/C's?

Wasn't that the case with some bank's (AIB's?) personal banking system in the past but they fixed this "node locking" problem since?

Don't know but I've used their personal internet banking system for a good few years now and have never had this issue.
But...... as far as their personal "24 Hour Internet Banking" service goes, I was told by AIB themselves that they only guarantee to have the system on-line for 20 hours per day!!!

I was working nights a number of years ago and had constant logon issues in the wee small hours.
Upon contacting AIB to complain, that was the explanation I eventually got!!
24-Hour Banking that's only available for 20 hours.......

Another gripe about AIB's IBB system, albeit one that they say will be sorted soon enough.....

To access the system you need a digital certificate sitting on the hard drive of the PC you are currently using.
Presumably this is a security measure but come on, in this day and age......

You cannot access the system from any old PC.
i.e. if, as in my case I am on site with a client I cannot use one of their PC's to access the system

They seem to have two systems, one which uses a cert on your PC and another which uses a digipass (like a calculator). All new customers (me included) use the digipass system - which means I can logon anywhere. I presume they are migrating all cert users to the digipass system?!

As someone mentioned above, their error messages are cryptic. I kept getting one last week - 'Technical Error - please contact support'. Needless to say support didn't have a clue.

Don't know but I've used their personal internet banking system for a good few years now and have never had this issue.

Same here, I've never had an issue with it either. Why you can't use this for business banking beats me. Seems perfectly adequate for a small company that doesn't need all the payroll stuff - and its free.

Well I know that UB recently switched over their Personal Online Banking so you can login from any computer. It's a great system to be honest, always worked well for me from anywhere, and very simple to use.

However, they haven't updated their Business Online system yet and this is what concerns me.

Incorrect. I have Vista Business and Vista Home basic on two desktops and have no issues accessing BOSI on either.

Really? Using their security CD? Doesn't work for me. can't even install it it says straight away "not compatible with this version of windows" (Vista Business). When I rang them about it they contacted the developers who told them it doesn't work on Vista and they have no plans on upgrading. Maybe they have upgraded, when did you get the CD?

Back