Opinions on Ballincollig please

SPUDZ

Hi
Can anyone advise on buying in Ballincollig? How is its reputation? Also with the bypass and the new town/shopping plans, will it be a good investment for the future? Or am I too late, was 2/3 years ago the time to buy?? Any advice/oinions appreciated, thanks

I've lived in Ballincollig for the past three years and yes in my opinion three years ago was the time to buy. It's come on a lot in the last few years wth the bypass and the shopping centre. Personally I prefer the Ovens end of the town to the city end. The village can be a bit rough at night but other than that it's not a bad place to live.

To be honest, I think that the best place to invest around Cork city now is in the East Cork area namely Carrigtwohill, Midleton areas. There is a dual carriageway into the city now along with much improved traffic control on the Dunkettle roundabout. Also Amgen will be bringing 1,200 jobs into the area over the next couple of years...

Ballincollig has become so built up, it's unbelieveable. Places like Classes Lake and Coolroe meadows look like concrete jungles to me. In 10 years time I can pictures gangs of bored teenagers wondering arounnd the place out there. If it was up to me I'd go somewhere less dense.

i also htink ballincollig has gotten very built up in the last few years anf it does get a bit rough around the village at night

In fairness to the juggler I would agree the west end of ballincollig poses a better investment oppertunity, or else the extreme east (bridge water, daffodil fields). The ballincollig centre estates appear a bit more congested and lack atmosphere. However the areas i mentioned seem to have a bit more open air, plesent feel to them. Plus thy have better access to the by-pass.

The village can be a nightmare still with regards to traffic depending on when you hit it.

As for ideas that the village is a rough spot - I wouldn't think its any worse than alot of the towns I've been in at 2am.

Neil Prenderville on 96FM has a fasination with running down some areas of cork and ballincollig is one of them. But having said that Niel's own beloved Douglas has seen far worse street crimes in recent years than Ballincollig. I read recently that most of the disputed delt with by Ballincollig Gardai relate to demestic issues.

Is ballincollig a good investment oppertunity? I'm sure there are better areas - purely because as the moment there is so much development of houses in Ballincollig and the basic economics of supply and demand will halt exponential growth possibilites in the area. That is the simple rule you have to remember when selecting an area for growth is supply < demand - if so you got a growth area.

Hope this helps

Your right about Neil Prendeville, only good for one thing, and it ain't nothing to do with management of Crawford Art Gallery. He wouldn't know the difference between a Dalhi and a Delli.;)

As for Ballincollig, great spot, never any hastle, lived here 14 years, better than livving in the great big car park they call douglas.

TheKing

Back