opinions on 2008 Lexus IS220D Sport

pcocp

Looking for opinions on / experiences of the 2008 Lexus IS220D Sport.

In terms of reliability / performance / typical maintenence costs.

Given that there is a push on now to introduce smaller diesels to the market, would buying a car such as this Lexus be a bad idea in terms of future resale?

Thanks,
PCOCP

i drive an IS220D & love it. The new model (from '09) has less torque to meet strict new EU emissions but you pay less road tax.

Happy trouble-free motoring !!

BMW seems to be doing great work on the CO2 battle.

A 535D can now be had with the same tax as an old 2 liter.
Rather than the old 1400 euro for a 2.99 liter engine.

I could live with that road tax for so much car.

Don't be too worried about engine size people will pay for a nice car.

I had one of the first new IS 220d (2006) & loved the looks but couldnt live with the top gear gearing. 6th gear was useless below 75km/hr & driving in 5th affected the fuel economy. Lexus pawned me off with words but little remedy. Also, its reliability was average only (had to be brought home on a breakdown truck from Westport one weekend due to a catalytic convertor failure). I solved the problem eventually........changed to a 08A4 2.0 Tdi......an excellent car

... (had to be brought home on a breakdown truck from Westport one weekend due to a catalytic convertor failure)...
There is of course another solution - saw off the catalytic converter, on a diesel it does nothing anyway (except perhaps to house some soot temporarily :)).

i always thought lexus is like a mercedes - their usual drivers are older guys /or ladies/ who can afford a really good car without actually ever utilizing their abilities - basically,what they are looking for is a motorway sofa

Back