OPF letter recieved - cannot understand

cizzy

Hopefully someone here with a knowledge of social welfare can help me out. I applied for OPF in January when i lost my job. Initially i recieved a SWA payment and subsequently JSB at full rate. I was advsed to apply for JSB when applying for lone parents as i would qualify for half rate along with the lone parents payment.

Today i recieved a letter from them and i cannot make any sense of it at all. The pages are marked as OPF 7a and OPF 7b and they show that i have means of €0.00 and that these means apply from January. No where on these pages does it say that the payment has been awarded or at what rate or from when.

The reason i am panicing is that i am also in reciept of rent allowance and today i also recieved a letter from them stating that as i am recieving a OPF payment that i now owe them money. I have been to the post office today and checked my bank account and there is definately no money there. I now i need to give them a ring but i was hoping that some of you well informed people on here can shed some light on this.

Sorry for being so long winded but i am in a bit of a state now.

Basically your claim has been decided and you have no means, therefore you will get full rate for your OFP claim. The forms are computer generated and issue when the decision is made. What dte isd on them? Your payment will be with you in next few days as everything will click into place. Don't panic.

Back