Key Post Opening an account with KeyTrade Belgium

Does anyone know how long it should take to receive the three separate letters from Keytrade after email confirmation the account has been opened. That was on 19th November and no letters received yet.

Me neither. I needed to phone them to get the IBAN & Swift (aka BIC) numbers.

I have a Keytrade account.

This "first lodgement" business:

Make a lodgement with the sender's reference being the first line of your address. That's it.

You will then be able to use the account as normal.

Does anyone know how long it should take to receive the three separate letters from Keytrade after email confirmation the account has been opened. That was on 19th November and no letters received yet.

It took over a week before the first of my docs started arriving, I had rung them about it and they didn't seem too surprised as if it was normal. Tip..get skype installed or whatever because you may well be calling them a bit until you get settled in.

Knuttell, did Keytrade clarify this for you?

I have been waiting quite a while for the 3 letters,decided to preempt this by testing the account by sending e1.00 to see it lands ok,eventually with no sign of the letters and wishing to get the money out asap.I emailed them asked them when would they arrive,he replied this was pretty much SOP,I replied asking if test money had landed,he confirmed it had and told me the amt,so I felt safe then in transferring money.

I could only do this from an Ulster Bank branch as they have no online ability to do this,should get the letters today or tomorrow,confident enough all is ok.

Not knowing much about foreign banks and doing as much research as possible,you still have this notion that this is some sort of elaborate Russian/Nigerian scam in the back of your head,hard to disabuse yourself of it sometimes.

Might go up to Ulster Bank in Newry and open a STG a/c,eggs in one basket etc.

Strange days have found us indeed.

Hvaing read through this thread I see that Keytrade seem to be a fairly popular choice, or the thread is popular with people who have chosen them. Can anyone let me know why they seem to be popular?

Keytrade Bank

Just two brief questions

1. Which is the best country to set-up a keytrade account?
They have branches in belgium, luxembourg and switzerland

2. Can you withdraw money "over the counter" from keytrade in these countries?

As KeyTrade Belgium has been mentioned in many posts, I will summarise them here. Would anyone who has been through the process like to do these Key Posts in the following format? Just post them as a reply and I will copy them to this thread.

What happens if someone dies that has opened an account in Belgium with Key Trade. If the account comes under Belgian inheritance laws they may look out, as the money will be shared between spouse and children. ( half to spouse and the rest between the children ).

I reckon the answer is to get a bloody big safe and change all euro's to safer currencies and store them at home.

Just wondering if I am missing something here. Why is a Flemish bank so good cos if germany get sick of d hand outs, there will be two levels of euro, the rich and poor etc. The rich being germany and ?. Belguim could end up with the **** euro like us then its the same difference. Wouldnt sterling be better?

I reckon the answer is to get a bloody big safe and change all euro's to safer currencies and store them at home.

+1 From what I can see there are many countries in the EU that appear to be floundering, I worry where it is all going to end. I can't ever remember a time when so many people are feeling so insecure in all my life.:(

I am sure this idea has crossed many people's mind but what happens, at some point in the future when the dust settles and we have some clarification on these matters, what then do we do with our chunks of sterling/dollars etc? There will be some raised eyebrows if you walk in to any bank with a wad of notes to lodge in your account!! Even €5000 in notes would cause suspicion in these times

I am sure this idea has crossed many people's mind but what happens, at some point in the future when the dust settles and we have some clarification on these matters, what then do we do with our chunks of sterling/dollars etc? There will be some raised eyebrows if you walk in to any bank with a wad of notes to lodge in your account!! Even €5000 in notes would cause suspicion in these times

There would no doubt be a paper trail to prove its legitimacy, assuming of course it was legitimately on deposit in the first place.

Is no one concerned about depositing in Belgium??

They are mentioned just behind Italy in this Eurovision of errant countries. Are people just basing this decision because a company is 'user friendly' and welcomes Irish people?

What security measures are in place in the event the three password letters are sent to the wrong address,whats to stop someone accessing your account and emptying it into another account?

What security measures are in place in the event the three password letters are sent to the wrong address,whats to stop someone accessing your account and emptying it into another account?

Ring and get them to "lock" your account and block internet access which they can do immediately. Once all your logon details arrive (assuming they do), let them know and they'll unblock it.

Is no one concerned about depositing in Belgium??

They are mentioned just behind Italy in this Eurovision of errant countries. Are people just basing this decision because a company is 'user friendly' and welcomes Irish people?

As an easily accessible offshore option they are a most welcome first stop for many Irish savers. However, we are all a lot wiser now and know that all eggs should not be in one basket. Therefore, no matter how "secure" Keytrade or Belgium might or might not be, we have been well forewarned that in future we must diversify. Keytrade we could access from our armchairs (although a bit too easily for some people's comfort admittedly), however their site makes it very easy to sluice savings through them further to accounts in other eu states. Other options eg German a/c's, would entail a bit more effort but in my view would be well worth it!

Ring and get them to "lock" your account and block internet access which they can do immediately. Once all your logon details arrive (assuming they do), let them know and they'll unblock it.

Thanks again Bcommercial.their letters are taking quite a while,better to be safe etc.

Back