Opening a non profit

Campbell2

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on opening a non profit.
Do I need a business address as I can’t use our home address (against our lease)?
What is the procedure?
I initially need to open it in my name only but will be adding a committee and eventually registering as a charity.
Money is tight so I can’t afford professional advice but this is something I’m passionate about and could help thousands of people. If anyone could help I’d appreciate it.

You should start by reading the information on the charity regulator website

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on opening a non profit.
Do I need a business address as I can’t use our home address (against our lease)?
What is the procedure?
I initially need to open it in my name only but will be adding a committee and eventually registering as a charity.
Money is tight so I can’t afford professional advice but this is something I’m passionate about and could help thousands of people. If anyone could help I’d appreciate it.
Doing myself at the moment it's easy enough but I would recommend you read Companies Act part 12 and the Charties Act 2009, great craic.
If you contact wheel.ie they'll send you a "constitution " template its essentially the one the regulator has. You'll need to understand that if you are going to set up a Company limited by guarantee what we are doing.
We are getting our stuff ready to apply for a charity number and then we'll get onto Revenue and file what they need.
This is my first time setting up a charity and it's a lot of work but wheel.ie are there to guide and help you.
Prepare for a lot of work, not just on the above, gdpr, health and safety and insurance is near impossible to get......best if luck

You also need to read " Information Leaflet no.24" Appendix 1it sets out what you must have in your Memorandum of Association. In summary read up in detail all the requirements and understand them.

Back