Open viewing showing interest

ajmull

I will be viewing a property at the weekend - an open viewing. It has been put up for sale by a bank and is very good value. There is likely to be a lot of interest. How do I show interest in the property without committing myself to anything?

You do not commit to anything until you and the other side have signed contracts.

You can make an offer on Saturday , pay a deposit and withdraw it any time up until you sign the contracts.

Brendan

How interested are you in the property ? What I'm getting at is how much are you prepared to bid, asking price ?? or how much below ??
We attended an open viewing recently, liked the house, told the Auctioneer that we we were interested but not at the asking price. Don't appear to be too enthusiastic, just enough to let the auctioneer know ur interested. In our case, we have been on to the auctioneer twice since viewing, house hasn't sold, asking price not reached. Don't play all ur cards at once, express an interest, watch & wait , unless ur prepared to go with asking price and risk getting into a bidding war . That's my tuppence worth , good luck whatever approach u take !

Bronte; Problem is with 'bank' sales the bank has set a minimum price. Which might or might not be realistic.[/QUOTE said:
Agreed ! Ultimately it's about the value the Original Poster sets on the property, if it ticks all the boxes and the asking price appears reasonable vis a vis similar local properties, then the poster should go for it, but experience tells me to start a bit below asking price by way of keeping in the mix should there be multiple bidders.

Back