Online Travel Locator Form - Spain Only - Don't Forget!

Leper

For anybody travelling to Spain and Until Further Notice you must complete an online Passenger Locator Form 48 hours before arrival in Spain. You may be challenged by your airline for proof and if unable to provide you may not be allowed to board.

You can complete the form on www.spth.es

Last edited:
Need to ask a stupid question Leper, if arriving and touring with no accommodation booked, will that be a problem?

1. Pinoy Adventure:- Adults only.
2. Nordkapp:-Knowing the love of Spanish administration techniques (red tape), I think you would have a problem.
3. I understand from 19th July with issue of "Covid passport" there may be no need for completion of the Travel Locater form for Irish and EU passport holders. But, if you have to complete the online form, it's not onerous.

For anybody travelling to Spain and Until Further Notice you must complete an online Passenger Locator Form 48 hours before arrival in Spain. You may be challenged by your airline for proof and if unable to provide you may not be allowed to board.

You can complete the form on www.spth.es

1. The above must be completed only within 48 hours of departure.

2. You will also have to complete an online Passenger Locator Form per each adult for your return trip to Ireland. This can be done 72 hours prior to travel time through the website www.gov.ie.

Last edited:
WARNING - make sure that the name on your passenger locator form matches the name on your Covid vaccination certificate exactly.

My brother and I both had this problem last week due to middle names and it took a while to figure out why it was rejecting us.

The Spanish form demands an awful lot of detail so do it in time. Don't end up doing it in boarding queue like I did either:cool:

Is that 72 hours before returning home or can it be done 72 hours before commencement of holiday?

I can see lots of laptops being brought away on holiday!
72 hours before airport departure time Spain - Ireland.

Hi Leper.Great info.!!.I travel to Spain on 2nd of August for 2 months.I dont use iphone. I only use laptop and a small vodaphone mobile..My question is .When i am checking in at Dublin Airport on second of Aug.Can i present and have ALL my neccessary documents scanned at the check in on A4 paper downloads only, without carrying any electronic devices e g iphones etc with the neccessary documents shown on them for scanning.e g iphone.Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi Leper.Great info.!!.I travel to Spain on 2nd of August for 2 months.I dont use iphone. I only use laptop and a small vodaphone mobile..My question is .When i am checking in at Dublin Airport on second of Aug.Can i present and have ALL my neccessary documents scanned at the check in on A4 paper downloads only, without carrying any electronic devices e g iphones etc with the neccessary documents shown on them for scanning.e g iphone.Thanks.
1. You will need a mobile phone on holidays for verification when you register to complete the Travel Locator form for return to Ireland per www.gov.ie.
2. You are entitled to carry A4 paper completion forms too. (I'll be doing this too).
3. Bring a mobile phone with you as this Locator Form system will be here for quite some time.
4. Having been a Public Servant all my life I cannot understand why only 2 days prior notice on the outward bound trip and only 3 days notice on the return trip. I don't see a big deal in being allowed to complete the online forms a month or six weeks beforehand.
5. (Inserted later) - If you are travelling with Ryanair (God Bless Them!) you will have to upload your EU Covid Certificate and Passenger Locator Form to their App (whatever that is, but one of our grandchildren is looking after that and giving us lessons on How to Download).

Last edited:
Help. I seem to have completely bodged the form on the app for my wife. I was trying to upload and used her old email, then tried the new email address. All goes well until I try to get the final QR code, DCC is all loaded etc. I can't see any way of fixing this. what can I do?
Message is form can't be completed as a form exists for that data.

Got it sorted. The app had sent my wife an email with the security code. I went ahead and did my own then returned to hers but tried it through the app etc, trying to created a new form. Eventually, she said 'did you click on the link in the email?' Grrrr. Phew, Sorted now, thankfully,

Last edited:
Reactions: Leo
Hi Slim,

Quick Fix (and quicker than trying to correct):- Start the process all over again for your wife and use your email address. It will save you tearing your hair out. Ensure you provide dates as per the Covid Passport and spell your wife's name as per her Covid Passport form too.

When we were visiting Spain last August it took me one hour to complete my own Passenger Locator Form.

WARNING - make sure that the name on your passenger locator form matches the name on your Covid vaccination certificate exactly.

My brother and I both had this problem last week due to middle names and it took a while to figure out why it was rejecting us.

The Spanish form demands an awful lot of detail so do it in time. Don't end up doing it in boarding queue like I did either:cool:
my name on passport has a middle name not on COVID cert did you manage to sort it out Tks in advance

my name on passport has a middle name not on COVID cert did you manage to sort it out Tks in advance
Make sure your name on the Spanish form matches what is on the Covid cert exactly.

Don't worry about the middle name on passport.

The problem was I had obtained a security code for her form. Then I thought I better do mine first. Did mine no bother. Tried to do hers using her email then my email. Good hour spent getting rejected at last screen as 'form already exists'. Hair torn out! Then she says, sweetly, ' did you use the link they sent in the email with the code?'!!!! Aaagh! Simples. Straight through and printed! She's useful to have around sometimes!
At the airport now. Everything printed and in hands! Thanks all.

On arrival at Spanish airport, all Spanish PLFs are scanned and verified. As Mrs Slim's digital Vax cert was not uploaded to the PLF, she was taken aside to check the paper version. No real delay. No such checks at Dublin on the return, though.

Back