online storage/file sharing

Ned_ie

Hi all

I am in the process of opening a second office and need to be able to share files folders between both. The infomration will be sensitive so we need to ensure it is in a safe place.

Not sure exactly what I need to do this. Can anyone point em in the right direction?

I looked at Livedrive but there seems to be a lot of bad reviews about it.

I want the docs to be held online and not have to be downloaded, worked on and saved back up to server.

All help appreciated

thanks

I use drop-box for suff, find it good. it also as an iPhone app.

Not sure how secure it is though, the stuff I share wouldnt be all that important

I think Im going to go down the route of google docs adn see how that works out.

Google DOCS are a good idea especially now that they have migrated their DOCS to Drive, awesome file sharing tool but there are other options.

A number of online hosting companies can provide this service. If you use Microsoft Office applications in both offices (word, excel etc.) then look for sharepoint hosting service. This is secure and will manage check in and out of the documents to ensure that two people don't try to update the same document at once. Microsoft also provide an online service.

Back