Online driving licence renewal if medical report?

odyssey06

Family member is over 70 and driving licence needs to be renewed. They are setup with MyGov so typically could renew online.
However as they are over 70 medical report must be "presented" to NDLS within 1 month of completion...

So does this mean they cant renew online? Or can this be uploaded as part of the online renewal?

This page (not from NDLS site) seems to suggest online is possible...

Last edited:
Family member is over 70 and driving licence needs to be renewed. They are setup with MyGov so typically could renew online.
However as they are over 70 medical report must be "presented" to NDLS within 1 month of completion...

So does this mean they cant renew online? Or can this be uploaded as part of the online renewal?

This page (not from NDLS site) seems to suggest online is possible...

Hi odyssey06

I’m not over 70 but needed a medical cert to renew my C1 licence, last week.

I renewed online via NDLS and ( MyGov) by uploading the doctor signed cert on the portal. Very straightforward and I received my new licence in the post 2 days later.

Yes I've just done this online.
I realised after submitting that I had only attached one of the pages of the medical cert, but I received an automatic reply that set up a chain with a personal reference number, so I added the second page, replied to the NDLS email, and had an approval email 2 days later.

Yes I've just done this online.
I realised after submitting that I had only attached one of the pages of the medical cert, but I received an automatic reply that set up a chain with a personal reference number, so I added the second page, replied to the NDLS email, and had an approval email 2 days later.
Actually the very same thing happened to me. When I uploaded page 2, it cancelled page 1. I am doing it again for my other half this week, so will scan the 2 pages into the one pdf and then submit it.

Back