Online butchers

philips

Read about them today in the Indo - award winning, organic butchers from Clonmel offering free delivery nationwide on orders of €100. Wondering if anyone has used this service and what was their experience? Any Clonmel people here who could vouch for their meat?

Re: Anyone tried James Whelan Butchers.com?

Do you have an financial interest in this ?

The way you have chosen your words in your post "award winning, organic, free delivery", surely means this is a stab at some free advertising .....

This may be against posting guidelines..

Please ignore last post if you have no financial interest in this

Do a search, there are threads on online meat already, I personally use www.sulmeat.com sullivans meat in tralee, free del over 100 euro also with next day delivery when you order Mon-Thurs and have no complaints, their meat is excellent IMO.

No affil

Absolutely not! I was quoting from today's Indo.

Do a search, there are threads on online meat already, I personally use [broken link removed] sullivans meat in tralee, free del over 100 euro also with next day delivery when you order Mon-Thurs and have no complaints, their meat is excellent IMO.

No affil

Sorry to hijack, Is there savings to be made? and is this big business? My mate owns his own butcher shop and abattoir, he has recently won national gold medals for his produce. Maybe its the way forward to expand business nationwide.

davyjones, I for one, don't and haven't bought meat locally for 6 months since I came across the aforementioned company. If I order before 11 a.m.I have delivery the next day before 4.30 to my nominated delivery address (Mon-Thurs) order Friday and its Tuesday delivery. The meat comes in a polystyrene box with ice packs in it and apparently the temp is maintained at 4 degrees. The meat has always arrived in excellent condition to me and it's delicious. Their meat is cheaper than Whelans as I checked both suppliers before. I think it's a great service and maybe the way your friend should go. Sulmeat use Interlink for their deliveries so he should start by contacting them for delivery rates etc, he would also need to source packaging and get costings in relation to this, plus he needs a good, easy to use website for people to order online. Hope it works out for him, the point of online is ordering to me is that the customer must be happy with the product they receive, if they don't get good quality meats delivered, it's back to the local butchers so online suppliers can't afford to send you rubbish IMO.

I bought some of Whelans meat at the Farmleigh market about a year ago. It was a lovely steak & I reckoned my local butcher was charging too much for fillet (€40/kg) so decided to have a look at the website - they charge over €50/kg:eek: - so I didn't order. So much for free delivery!
Have since sourced a wholesaler & my steak is only €28/kg & it's great meat. Definately worth shopping around.

Thats great, thanks Havealaugh. I will say it to him. Lucky for us we have a web designer in our close circle.

Is the meat Dry Aged?
Not sure as I don't have any at the moment. But I have tried Dry Aged from Superquinn & mine tastes every bit as good. Had a bbq a few weeks ago & the butcher now has several new customers.

You learn something new every day - had never heard of online butchers until yesterday! Thanks for the replies.

I am thinking of getting some meat off that Sulmeat, the prices seem good if the product is good.

Can you freeze the meat you get?

Can you freeze the meat you get?

Yes, the meat you get is fresh (not previosuly frozen) and usually packed in individual packs, say like 2libras of mince comes in 2 x 1 libras so... dead handy for freezing.

In my experience I found the prices to be very good for the quality of the meat. Enjoy !

You learn something new every day - had never heard of online butchers until yesterday

I have a thread going on AAM looking for online fish suppliers but yet to get anywhere so if anyone knows.........;)

Thanks a million Havealaugh,
Just ordered from sulmeat, between them and absolutely organic for my fruit and veg, I'll rarely have to set foot in a Dunnes again!

Have a laugh, you should be getting the discount on the website for those of us who place orders on your recommedations!

Have a laugh, you should be getting the discount on the website for those of us who place orders on your recommedations!

I wish :p I would need e-mail addresses of people and then when I recommend someone I could get a discount off my next order, but wouldn't that compromise our anonimity !

Read about them today in the Indo - award winning, organic butchers from Clonmel offering free delivery nationwide on orders of €100. Wondering if anyone has used this service and what was their experience? Any Clonmel people here who could vouch for their meat?

Just looking at the website for that place in Clonmel -- don't seem to do organic beef? or am I missing something? Have organic chicken alrite so might spin over and see what its like -- I don't know of them but they not that far way from me.

Havealaugh-thank you so much for the tip!It arrived yesterday, absolutely love it! so fresh and such good value as well! I'm telling everyone I know! One question- how do you dispose of the packaging, I'm feeling a little guilty looking at that big polystyrene box...

Back