Online Agency

Westgolf

Hi folks,

I have come across a situation where the irish agent for a particular product has either given up or gone out of business. The web page hasn't been updated in yonks and the email address seems to be dead. The bricks and mortar address has no signs of any business in operation.

The particular product ,whilst being niche, is a product which I believe I could retail successfully and improve the market share of.

My question is how do I go about the process. Do I contact the supplier, Belgium based, and try to go that way i.e become a new or replacement agent for this country or do I try to deal with the existing guy -- if I can find him -- and try to construct some kind of arrangement with him ? ?

Any / All advice appreciated, comments welcome

Regards

Westgolf

Last edited:
There appears to be no existing agent and if there is he/she is not doing a proper job. Forget him/her- seems like a bad potential partner anyway.
Contact the Belgians asap enquiring whether they have an agent. If they say it is the guy that you mention you could point out that contacting that agent is imposible - and maybe you feel that you could do a better job.
A one day trip over there may not be bad idea.

Thanks for the reply.
The main belgian website give this guys details as their contact for Ireland " please contact [email protected] or phone" no other information.
I have gleaned what I know over a period of observation and research.How should I present my proposal to the belgian side ? The day trip sounds like a good idea but I would need to go armed with some kind of plan woudn't I ?

Westgolf

Back