one parent family&new job

M

mamac

Hi i started work 3 weeks ago and got paid last week. when i got the job i went to my CWO and she said i will be able to keep my opfp. however i have been looking at welfare.ie and noticed that it states you must be earning 425e or under my first payslip was very erratic as it included back pay etc. so i dont know should i send this one off to opf section or wait for next one which should be more straight forward. CWO never mentioned limits etc.
i remember being told in my interview for opf that if i did find emplyment that i should send in a copy of my first paycheck. should i just do this?i think i will as i dont want to be seen as de-frauding the system!

I would wait until you get your next payslip as u said in your post this paysliip was erractic but i would give them a call and tell them u have started employment and will send in a payslip when you get one.

I would get a letter from your employer confirming your earnings and that the first payslip included back pay and is not your weekly earnings. Years ago I was on One Parent Family Payment and my employer always gave me a letter confirming my earnings and this suited the Department. You can always submitt the next payslip to them when it comes in.

Back