one parent family allowance

I

insider2

hi, i am a single mum but i have put my former partner's name on my new babies' birth cert. he is not paye=ing me any maintenance, as he doesn't earn much. i want to apply for one parent payment, so should i put his details on the form or not? also how do i get a statement from the post office and bank, that covers the last year?
thanks

Hi insider2, your childs father is responsible for paying maintenance. I believe the Social Welfare will ask about his details whether or not you put this information on the form.
As regards the statements, ask at the P/O and the bank for them to supply this information.Tell them why you need it.

Swallows is correct, having your ex-partners name on the birth cert will make no difference, again Swallows is also correct in saying your childs father is 50% responsible for maintaining your child. The Social Welfare Office will ask you to try attain some money from him and if not they will go after him for it.

You need to go to your local Social Welfare Office to get the application form or you can visit the Government Web Site Oasis, this goes into the payment in great detail and you can usually download the forms and then bring to your Local Social Welfare Office and speed up the process.

Don't forget to apply for your Child Benefit too!

hi, i am a single mum but i have put my former partner's name on my new babies' birth cert. he is not paye=ing me any maintenance, as he doesn't earn much. i want to apply for one parent payment, so should i put his details on the form or not? also how do i get a statement from the post office and bank, that covers the last year?
thanks

make sure this guy is not pulling your leg when it comes to paying child maintenance they at the best of time use this excuse

Hi insider2, your childs father is responsible for paying maintenance. I believe the Social Welfare will ask about his details whether or not you put this information on the form.
As regards the statements, ask at the P/O and the bank for them to supply this information.Tell them why you need it.

hi swallows i am a postmistress i dont see what relevance the postoffice will do or a bank we as a rule are not allowed to supply any information to anybody be it husband / wife, boyfriend or girlfriend.

I'm confused georginab...

insider2 asked "how do i get a statement from the post office and bank, that covers the last year" And was advised to ask at his post office/bank for statements. Assuming they are his own accounts he is quite entitled to do so.

I read this as the original poster wondering how to get a historical account statement in which case it hardly seems like rubbish to say just ask them. Although a charge will most likely apply.

Hi insider2, I may have misread your post. I was assuming that you had a P/O account and also a bank account and that you needed to get past statements which is why I told you to request same. If you dont hold these accounts I dont know why you would need to deal with these two to get information regarding your finances. I am confused.:confused:

Back