one off expenses causing distress

I wouldn't heed the advice you've gotten above re-the investment property,
your rental income is 850 pm (5.5% yield) which is very good considering your interest cost is probably in the region of 400pm. The fact that your net monthly cost is 930pm is a cash flow issue to fund your invesment and is not a profitability issue.
The fact that you have very good tenants is also a plus.

1. Start saving.

2. Get rid of the second house.

3. get rid of the credit card.

4. Don't go to the weddings.

5. Get rid of Sky.

6. Get rid of the landline.

7. Stop paying into your spouses private pension.

Finally, you said "every month we put an equal amount into our joint account" - does that mean that you or your spouse keeps money in a seperate personal account?

Also clear credit card loan with credit union loan or similar for lower interest or switch card providers to get 0%.

NB - Listen to the advice given and stop having answers for everything. You have to be clinical somewhere.

Can you state what your take home pay is? What are you paying a month for your own mortgage (I can't note it in the first post apologies if its there). Also are you receiving child benefit? How much is that, I'm just trying to see the ins and out monthly.
400+200+80+45+230+62+41+650+40+67+50+20+500+72+83+250 = 2100 going out excluding your mortgage (is this correct?) hence why seeing your full incomings would help. Also your tax liabilities for the rented property will be due in Sep/Oct have you provision for this?

The foreign weddings sound excessive but since they are already paid for you may as well go.

Getting married abroad only saves the bride and groom money it seems.

Back