One last bash-where?

With that budget and criteria I would head east and probably choose Vietnam. Live like like a king for that money plus some of the best beaches and inland sceanery in the world that has not been spoilt (yet) by tourists.

If vacinations are an insue that would rule out Thailand and India, 2 places I would love to go back to but prob won't until my 2 young children are adults!
I would second Hong Kong. I did not get jabs for that and is an amazing place to visit.

One note of caution - 20% of couple experience infertility issues, and have difficulty getting pregnant, so don't assume that when you decide to cut out the contraception, baby will follow immediately. As the old saying goes - make God laugh, tell him your plans.

It doesn't have to be long-haul holiday. There are lots of really great holidays that just don't suit kids. I'd think about somewhere nice and quiet in Tuscany, where you can head in Lucca/Florence/Pisa for a day or two, and chill out/put on weight the rest of the time. Or maybe find a chalet in Chatam, Cape Cod, and spend a couple of weeks eating great seafood.

Actually, you still have a bit of time left ahead of you, as it is fairly easy to take 1-2 year olds on adult holidays. It is when they get older that the really needs lots of entertainment and the maybe even the kids club.

Would agree with all those that recommend Hong Kong, always wished we'd visited before we settled down........... someday :)

you would take children on both a cruise and to all florida destinations . the OP asked for somewhere you would never take your children

I know people who have taken their children to Vegas, yet you have suggested this destination twice ...

I always advise Madeira, The weather is comfortable all year round, no beaches but there is plenty to do and see.
Practically no crime, it is a volcanic island, the whole place is like a garden. Funchal the capital is a proper city not a holiday resort. They have a good website with 10 webcams updating every 15 minutes. I like to go in December when the Christmas light come on,
absolutely brilliant. Their new year fireworks display is world class, I think it's in the Guinness book of records. You can fly from Dublin up to end Sept.

www.madeira-web.com/PagesUK/index.html

Back