One day trip to Reykjavik

RichInSpirit

Already have taken my holidays this year, but just considering taking a day trip to Reykjavik, just to have a quick look around see the prices if accommodation and stuff in preparation for a longer trip at some time in the future.
Is this a mad idea ?

Sounds mad to me but then I don't know what the flights will cost :)

A friend of mine left today for 3 days there, could get you some info once she gets back if you like.

It's a nice city, but besides the concert hall and the main church, there's not a whole lot else. Iceland's highlights involve travelling out to the Golden Circle region or beyond.

You can get accommodation prices online, and the prices of that, and pretty much everything else in Iceland ranges from expensive to very expensive. Accommodation tends to be quite basic in Reykjavik and gets even more rustic as you venture beyond.

Thanks everyone for your replies !
Very informative Leo ! Thanks !
For booking hotels in Ireland i've found booking.com misleading. You can often get a much better deal by just ringing a hotel directly. I suppose that might be my logic in a one day visit. Have a look around and check places out in person.

You can easily make those phone calls from home, they'll all speak English. I really would save the trip for when you can enjoy at least some of the spectacular landscape that Iceland has to offer. We spent 2 nights of a 10 night trip in Reykjavik, we'd walked the whole place in a few hours.

Back