One Beacon - Sandyford

Nine apartments currently for rent in Beacon development - all quoting E1500-E1700 per month, all 2 bedroom. Seems excessive when you can get a 2 bed in Ranelagh or Donnybrook for 1200-1400. Can't see how they'll rent them out at that price in the current market.

budapest - I wouldn't be buying it in expectation of renting it out in the near future - would be living there for a no. of years

looking at daft.ie thats the rates that these apts are commanding - they are aimed at the corporate mkt as they are kitted out to a very high standard and their location is right in the business park. They wouldn't really be suitable for two people sharing at that price.

this aparthotel idea is a new thing in ireland (as far as i know) but it does seem to be catching on - a lot of new apt blocks are being built with hotels\gyms\restaurants on site (like the Old Chocolate Factory) so that the facilities can be used - My view is that these places will be more attractive to buyers than the more traditional apt blocks with no facilities.

I think you are looking in the right area, but those are very expensive apartments. There are plenty of 3 bed semi's in the area now (gallops, sandyford hall) that are around 500k, in great nick with good gardens etc. Stamp duty on top is a bit of a killer, but so is €25k for a parking space.

The Luas is being extended up around to cherrywood, which should help boost the prices up there further when its built. Superquinn currently being built in the Gallops, M50, very close to schools, hospitals, all amenities under the sun.

Mostly, the impression I got were that the vast majority of the people buying the apartments in the new schemes around sandyford area were looking as a foot onto the ladder to trade up to a house in the next 3-5 years. Well, they are not building any houses, so the 3 bedders are going to become more and more scarce. These houses were all only €400k one year ago €500k now, and are still rising fast.

You have the cash for the house, be sensible!

mollser said:
Stamp duty on top is a bit of a killer, but so is €25k for a parking space.

as is the hefty annual management fee (probably around 1000-1200 ?)

The management fee on this is €2200 pa starting off - there seems to be a big dicrepancy b/n the level of management fees charged in different areas.

I know people in Blackrock paying €2k and Bray paying €1.7k whereas examples that I have seen on this website have been lower c. €1k.

I can't justify this high level of charges but since I am not planning to stay for more than a few years then I could bear it - however if it goes too high it may be offputting for any potential buyer.

Has anyone else had experience of big % increases in mgt charges year on year? Also the mgt company is CB Richard Ellis Gunne - Anybody have good/bad experiences with them?

http://www.beaconcourt.com/

I bought one of the 2 beds here last year. Management fees are expensive 2,200pa. If all goes to plan the capital appreciation should be good even if there are another 700 apartments going up over the next few years nearby.

The "John Rocca designed" standards are amazing in this place. It has a real Wow factor that I don't think will be matched across the road. With the private clinic and hospital opening the demand for rent can only go up.

Overall, I'm very pleased with it.

700 apartments.. thats only one development.. there are in excess of 3,000 unitsin the pipeline in this area over the next 3 years and thats excluding the new park development plan to build 2,000 houses in Sandyford on a green site..! check out microsoft old site..allegro site.. 25o units at avid.. and the 31 story planning application at the mj flood site.. food for thought in sandyford.dundrum..

budapest said:
Are you sure about the possibility of getting 1,600 per month in possible rental, if you were to go down this route in the future? Sounds very high compared to what you can get for that money in the surrounding area.

2 beds in D.4 fetch this amount depending on location.

Not all of them are getting 1,600, some are asking 1,450 to 1,550. The standard is excellent though.

I can't stress the traffic enough; it can be 10/15 mins into the industrial estate and 15/20 minutes out. Have you tried to drive around there at 8.30am and tried to exit at 5.15 pm - on a rainy, dark November evening?

A colleague of my husbands is renting in one beacon - there is a definite level of noise to be considered if your chosen apartment is overlooking the courtyard of the actual hotel as the outside area has gas heaters & is obviously the designated smoking area. He was lucky enough to be able to change apt as his landlord had more than one. The road frontage does not suffer as it is very quite by night.
I live in the area and would highly recommend it. We moved in just over 2 years ago and everything has improved greatly even in that time i.e. roads, amenities, pubs, restaurants etc. I would however point you in the direction of [broken link removed] - the new development down from Wesley college. They have just launched the first 30 from plans - pricey but worth looking into. In my opinion would be better placed than One Beacon.

Best of luck.

What sort of prices are they looking for in Dundrum Point ? I can't seem to access that website and can't find any other info elsewhere.

Also, when is estimated completion?

Back