Once IPA is set up, can it be cancelled if earnings are too low?

The OR can only put the IPA in place if you agree it. Did you sign it yet, or has he just asked for it.

If not signed. tell him you can't and why. then say you will contact him again when you get a new job. Then ensure next time your income and expenditure match

Steve Thatcher
[broken link removed]

Hi Steve

No I have not signed it yet. I am going to write to them today letting them know that my circumstances have changed.

Will it look bad that I've left a permanent (but awful) job?

Hi Steve

No I have not signed it yet. I am going to write to them today letting them know that my circumstances have changed.

Will it look bad that I've left a permanent (but awful) job?

No, there is nothing you can do. It has happened to my clients on a number of occasions. The OR in my experience, is not generally up for a fight over this. As long as you can give a reason for the OR to tick a box saying he's explored it and you have a cogent reason for it not to be put in place then you will be OK.

Steve Thatcher
www.stevethatcher.ie

Hi there, I am in a predicament, they are looking to put an IPA in place on my bankruptcy, I actually have no surplus cash..Is there anything I am missing out with. I earn only £1300 a month and £440 goes on rent. I am a single man and the electric and gas is included in the rent etc?? I am so worried I dont know what to do please help!!!

No, there is nothing you can do. It has happened to my clients on a number of occasions. The OR in my experience, is not generally up for a fight over this. As long as you can give a reason for the OR to tick a box saying he's explored it and you have a cogent reason for it not to be put in place then you will be OK.

Steve Thatcher
www.stevethatcher.ie

Help Steve I am very worried here, I dont need this stress!!! They are looking to put an IPA in place, I cannot afford it. My job is not certain either, they are looking to cut staff and as I was last in I could be first out..This is horrible please help

Some of the UK debt companies provide a live chat service - that's free of charge for initial queries. I found one company, in particular, very useful. I can't mention the company here, as it's considered advertising. But I would advise going online and attempting the live chat option re. your IPA query. The guy who runs the company is always available for a live chat. He provided answers without me having to pay anything.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Back