On the lighter side of things-how to get a rich man!

pinkyBear,

your friends are not wrong to be looking for a financially responsible spouse, the emphasis doesn't have to be on him being wealthy, that gives the impression that they're more interested in the money than the man. (even if they are joking)

Have a read of this. A financially responsible spouse is definitely an asset (in more than a financial sense).
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.co...eAndMoney/ABalancedCheckbookNowthatsSexy.aspx

If they're looking for someone who's good with money you can tell them that there are lots of them on AAM. But most of the good ones are taken. ;)

Incidently my favourite shallow woman quote may be mildly offensive to some, and I'll remove it if there are objections, but the quote is...

Men are like parking spaces, the best ones are either taken or handicapped.

-Rd

One would have thought that taking up hockey, tennis, becoming a rugger hugger were all the standard routes to old money.

Now if its new money you want then maybe you should be making up jumbo breakfast roles for builder extraordinaire types - but then its the front of the van and not the back of the limo ....... ;)

On a more practical note, theres a mate of mine (no, not a "friend") who is on the dating website circuit. He reckons that women are very calculating - money, job/status, looks and then you're in or out. So the conventional wisdom or purported values women want (good sense of humour, kind, considerate etc. etc.) are, to a large extent, just window dressing of their more practical ... err... desires.

So to boil it down, men are just more honest about what they want!!

First it was just rich. Now it's also generous and under 40. Some women are never satisfied! Next you'll be saying that he should have all his own teeth and no infectious diseases... :rolleyes:

Oh Clubman the teeth goes without saying!:D

Hi there,
I was at my xmass party over the week end - and a great night it was. I was chatting to some of the girls at work and we were talking about that all essential question - how to find a rich man?

Yes, unless they're stunners I'd say they're going to be wasting their time.

A single guy with old money ain't going to be interested in a bunch of golddiggers. It's all too crass.

You might get somewhere with new money if you're a victoria beckham/kerry catonia type. AKA a media whore moron.

Yes, unless they're stunners I'd say they're going to be wasting their time.

A single guy with old money ain't going to be interested in a bunch of golddiggers. It's all too crass.

Well Arthur - just as well me(who is hitched but working on an advisary role) and the girls in question are Fab looking - in my advisory capacity I am suggesting to the girls to raise the bar a bit - as most of the guys they have been with - decide what they wear on a night out, if the clothes pass the "sniff test":D

And the best part of it is they aren't media babes!:)

It's about riasing the bar a bit, aiming high! Why is that such a bad thing?????

Well Arthur - just as well me(who is hitched but working on an advisary role) and the girls in question are Fab looking - in my advisory capacity I am suggesting to the girls to raise the bar a bit - as most of the guys they have been with - decide what they wear on a night out, if the clothes pass the "sniff test":D

And the best part of it is they aren't media babes!:)

It's about riasing the bar a bit, aiming high! Why is that such a bad thing?????
How high are they going to raise the bar and how high are the guys going to jump????

Back