on line tv sales: uk site Electricial Experence , any good?

hopalong

ive come across an on line uk site Electricial Experence,they have some good prices,i was looking at a 52 ins lcd tv,which has a delivery charge of £50 to dublin,has anyone any idea of how good they are to deal with.

prices aren't wonderful ? a few sites in NI have been noted on this site which seem to offer better value. Richer Sounds and the likes.

have looked at richer sounds,but they dont seem to carry a 52 ins lcd sharp for £950

Bought a tv from them a year ago. At the time prices & shipping were good.
They did need some forms signed, and I think I had to pay the return if it was returned in the first month (don't remember why). Site seems to have changed.
e-mail contact worked fine.

I thought the commonly accepted practise was not to use an LCD for over 46" displays, but to go with Plasma instead ?

In any case, I have heard good reports from colleagues about www.laptopsdirect.ie
They have a 50" Samsung Plasma for €777.47 and the general consensus at AVForums seems to be favourable.

On a side note, what size is the room you're planning on putting a 52" monster into ??

i think the consensus now is plasmas are soon to be banned from the eu,due to their power usage.they are brilliant at showing dark colours,but are a lot cheaper than lcd tvs.the laptop site only goes to 46 ins.thanks for reply.

I found by accident a new irish based web site that allows you to type in what you are looking for this then goes to all the elictrical retailers in Ireland both north and South then they contact you directly so you don't have to deal with a website just a human on the other end of a phone line, so far I have bought a TV and a washing machine through them.
Not sure I am allowed to post the website name here is it allowed???

kelkoo.co.uk are a UK site that search multiple retailers.
I found an Irish one when I was searching in the past, but can't remember it now!
In anycase it still showed up UK retailers, some of which didn't deliver to Ireland.

Back