Ompe....

• Thread starter Bodhran Drumstick
  • Start date
B

Bodhran Drumstick

I found this one doing a handstand in the middle of a field.

This time by :

Miss Gay Search (1290-1344) (nolonger)

Pellegrew ate all my biscuits
Ginger Harry chases a kookaburra
Fee fi fo fum, catch a jolly sprat
Doctrination

Mardy basty James flies into Gatwick
I shove a sixpence up my schnitzel
Is that a giant wallaby you grand lesbian
Humpty Gumphrey

Eddie the Greek sings falsetto
My leg goes to sleep in quick time
Go and run after the salty hag
Coughing

One, nine, seven, four
Captain Lamb has some crumpets
Wilst I doest whatst thee wantest
Smooth

Hairy Gophers give one nightmares
Who am I, who art thou
Pluck thyself a fine duck Persimmon
Hickory Dick

Xylophone Sam listens with intent
Smite the laddy with a dormant waffle
Fine remedy for the flu enters now
Glockenfrock

It’s a Yak, no, it’s a Gnu
Randy Dandy eats his stew
This will rhyme if I’m not careful
Potted Pig

Note if thy wilst the disparaging remarks in column 44, row 57 – then ask your nearest neighbour if they think it is big and clever to go round chasing the saddest of moth eaten Crows ? !

This is like one of those computer generated "poems" that I use to create on my ZX81. Or anything by Emily Dickinson.

If only there was an AAM 'Culture & Arts' board...we could ask '0's ZX81 to be moderator.

BTW Nice work Mr ( or is is Ms ? ) Drumstick

eDog

Great,

Drumstick, would you like to do an omep in 6502 machine code ?

I do have an Amstrad CPC464 in my closet
Not sure what emoticon to use. First reaction was :) but quickly followed by :mad as I remembered all those lost hours waiting for those cassettes to turn ever-so-slowly and load all those classic games, only for it to stop 95% of the way through due to some error. Oh how I wished I had one of those posh versions of the CPC464 with the 5 1/4" disc drive.

'0' U anorak

Of course you are correct ( I was thinking of a PET - Gawd help me ) ;)

Not sure what emoticon to use. First reaction was but quickly followed by as I remembered all those lost hours waiting for those cassettes to turn ever-so-slowly and load all those classic games, only for it to stop 95% of the way through due to some error. Oh how I wished I had one of those posh versions of the CPC464 with the 5 1/4" disc drive.

Luxury! You obviously never used a ZX80/81 with an external tape drive (with the tape head's azimuth carefully adjusted with a screwdriver in an attempt to improve reliability!) and a wobbly RAM pack which sporadically glitched the whole of memory into oblivion so! And we had to walk ten miles barefoot to school. Uphill. Both ways. It's no wonder so many people who grew up during the home computer "revolution" now hate computers! :)

You lot sound like 4 Yorkshiremen from Monty Python. We had to lick road clean with tung, work 28 hours a day down't mill and when we'd come home our father would chop us up wit' breadknife...................pause............... pure luxury!!

Monty Python? Never heard of it. I was too busy playing (and learining!) in my room with my home computers in those days.

You obviously never used a ZX80/81
Nope, but did use a Spectrum had to lick tape head's azimuth clean with tung, wait 28 hours a day for't game to load and when we'd come home our father would chop us up wit' a wobbly RAM pack which sporadically glitched the whole of memory into oblivion...................pause............... pure luxury!!

Believe me - a Spectrum WAS luxury compared to a ZX80 or 80! But tell young people that these days and blah, blah, blah...

Spectrum 48K

I had a Spectrum 48K, with rubber keys and a rainbow. I don't think I went outside the house after school for about two years.

Re: Spectrum 48K

I had a commodore64 and used to play 'Jet Set Willy' on it. Anyone remember that?

Also used to play Paperboy and Fist2 on my mates C128. He was posh :lol

I was king of Paperboy. Finished the whole thing. I think I missed my calling in life.

Spectrum 48K

I remember Jest Set Willy. Don't remember the other ones.

There was also, "Chuckie Egg", which was the best game ever...!

Also, "Manic Miner".

jet set willy on the Speccy was cool as well Piggy, but my fav's were Chuckie Egg, punched holes in the wall with that one. Had bluetac on a piece of perspex to hold the joystick for Daly Thompson Decathlon, which couldn't be copied thanks to Ocean software. B*******s! Remember Sabre Wulf, cool game

I do remember Chuckie Egg and Daly Thompson Decathlon (although was never a big fan of that one).

Spectrum 48K

Wasn't there also a game called "Froggit", where you were a frog who had to cross a road without getting squashed.

I had a commodore64 and used to play 'Jet Set Willy' on it. Anyone remember that?

I remember Leisure Suit Larry but that came a bit later. :)

www.vintage-sierra.com/lsl.html

Also used to play Paperboy and Fist2 on my mates C128. He was posh

Ah for the days when something called Fist2 was an innocent home computer game!

I've rarely ever played any computer games other than LSL, Wolfenstein (never graduated to Doom/Quake etc.), Netware Snipes (!) and Xpilot to be honest. I always tried to avoid them because they were too addictive! I actually used my home PCs to do boring stuff like writing programs and learning the fundamentals of computing. 8o

Back