PTSB Ombudsman rejects complaint on ptsb discounted tracker

Best of luck! Just wondering was there a reason for waiting until now, has a similar test case already been tried out perhaps?

No Brendan, mine is the tracker rate at time of drawdown was ecb +1.1% but I got discount rate of ecb +. 99% for 2 years. On expiry of discount instead of reverting to original rate at that time I was put on the current rate which was ecb +2.25%

No Brendan, mine is the tracker rate at time of drawdown was ecb +1.1% but I got discount rate of ecb +. 99% for 2 years. On expiry of discount instead of reverting to original rate at that time I was put on the current rate which was ecb +2.25%
Yea this sounds very similar to my case. Except I had a 1 yr discount. Reverted to 2.25. Appealed through ombudsman in 2018, at adjudication for over 12 months, decision this week that it was rejected.

Very disappointing again. There are a few more cases awaiting decisions around now. Seems hard to believe that if one case was going to be upheld for a sound reason, that others with different arguments but similar mortgages are rejected and not bundled together?
At least this 11 years of torture might stop.

Yea this sounds very similar to my case. Except I had a 1 yr discount. Reverted to 2.25. Appealed through ombudsman in 2018, at adjudication for over 12 months, decision this week that it was rejected.
Hi Hohoho,

What was the basis of your appeal?
Did PTSB issue a "rate options letter" near the end of your discount period?

Last edited:
Hi Hohoho,

What was the basis of your appeal?
Did PTSB issue a "rate options letter" near the end of your discount period?
My argument was, that selling me a 1yr discounted tracker, but applying a completely different tracker margin 12 months into my term, was misleading and erroneous.
To my mind what they actually sold me was a 1 year fixed, rolling onto an unspecified margin after 12 months.
The product name is completely different to the product I bought, irrespective of terms and conditions.
I am in the process of compiling a response to fspo preliminary decision, as there is a particular comment therein I need to clarify.

Did PTSB issue an options letter close to end of discount period? Did u select a non-tracker rate at that juncture?

Just to let ye know, I got my final decision back today on Tracker dispute with Ombudsman on Discounted Tracker rate & it was rejected.

PTSB t&Cs were up held

Back