Old Insurance Number

Joezenia

Hi, I was born in Dublin in 1954,i lost my old insurance number but I was issued a PPS number a couple of years ago, so when I tried to claim my irish pension I was told I wasn't entitled to anything because I hadn't paid any contributions under my PPS number, so I'm looking for my old insurance number.
Can anyony help Please.
Thank you.

If you contact Client Identity Section at the Dept of Social Protection at 01-7043000 they can search for your number. The pensions office in Sligo can also do a search, they need your name as per your birth cert and address in Ireland prior to 1979.

I don't know if you're male or female, but many wives were changed to their husbands PPS no with the letter W at the end. If you are/were a wife, then when contacting Sligo, you could give them his number as well. It might assist in tracking.

If you contact Client Identity Section at the Dept of Social Protection at 01-7043000 they can search for your number. The pensions office in Sligo can also do a search, they need your name as per your birth cert and address in Ireland prior to 1979.
Thank you, I will get onto it straight away.

Another avenue to explore is that you may have been known back in the day with your name in Irish (more likely if you worked in the civil/public service).

Try contacting any company with which you worked and I bet they'll probably have your old PPS number.

Mrs Lep was in your position once and it took several months to have her situation rectified. Don't discount that you may have had more than 2 PPS numbers.

Back